Sunday, August 4, 2013

Take me out to the ball game





Baseball;  America's past time.  Before video games, Iphones, xbox and TV  there was baseball. It was how folks passed the time... really... they played outside especially the kids you know with the trees and grass...  "but Lyn what is a tree?" haha im kidding but im not kidding.  Get out more folks  ;p

If you have payed close attention to my posts,  I have taken you to several boroughs so far (we've been to Manhattan and the Bronx) and today I'm taking you to QUEENS.  So if you take the #7 train going towards Flushing you'll end up at CitiField or Shea Stadium. 



 
There are  8 or 9 states that have at least 2 baseball teams and New York is one of them.   The Mets in Queens and The Yankees in the Bronx.  

I have had the opportunity of visiting both stadiums.  The older stadiums and now I've officially been to the newly re done ones too!

Boy they're both VERY different but this post is about Shea so lets continue... 


 
From what I understand, in case you didn't know, the newly redone Shea stadium was remodeled after the old Ebbets field which was the home of the Brooklyn Dodgers way back in the day.  see the similarities in the above and bellow photos? pretty cool huh

BTW... that man in the photo bellow is Jackie Robinson #42. The first African American to play in the Major leagues he played for the Brooklyn Dodgers



 


that's me Hi nice to meet ya


This stadium has a lot of neat details you have to pay close attention or you'll miss em


 




Ate the WHOLE thing by myself 1 kabillion calories later

I dont eat pork but if you ever visit yall have to try this pulled pork from Blue Smoke


make sure and get a side of fries mmm mmmm




Yup 5 bucks for a small soda bring yo dollas if you wanna eat



i got a kick out the bathroom floors! they match the team's colors.  Im easily amused folks and no i did NOT purposely paint my toes to match. It just worked out that way.



Mrs. and Mr. Met






That's the home run apple from the old stadium kinda crappy looking
And of course they lost... They always lose! but that's not the point... lol... where would you like to go next?
had to include another selfy cause apparently im vain :p




2 comments:

  1. Those were great photos. I've never been to citifield and now thanks to you, I got a great view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are completely forgiven for being a Mets fan. Even if you look good in that t-shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete