Thursday, August 1, 2013

American Museum of Natural History


AMERICAN  MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY


One of my many favorite museums to visit.  It's one of those museums anyone who grew up in NY was sure to visit during a school trip when little.

This museum is located by the very beautiful Central Park on the West side in Manhattan.   So if you are ever in town make sure to make this one of your stops and if you are a native new yorker please make sure to pay it a visit soon.

Remember the entrance fee is SUGGESTED which means you pay what you can... Check out the link for more information

http://www.amnh.org/plan-your-visit


Below you will find just a few photos of some of my favorite floors and exhibits.   This museum is HUGE so obviously I cant add photos from all 46 halls duh... kidding :D

Please also note all photos were taken by me.




 FIRST FLOOR


 MILSTEIN HALL OF OCEAN LIFE



COOL NOTE ABOUT SHARKS: THEY WERE AROUND WAY BEFORE DINOSAURS!


 


 SPITZER HALL OF HUMAN ORIGINS


 


 GUGGENHEIM HALL OF MINERALS/GEMS






SECOND FLOOR
 
 AKELEY HALL OF AFRICAN MAMMALS

ASIAN MAMMALS
NOTICE THE EARS BETWEEN ASIAN AND AFRICAN? THAT'S HOW YOU CAN TELL THEM APART






FOURTH FLOOR
 
 DINOSAURS










MUSEUM STORE

OWLS! I <3 OWLS!
ITS ALL VERY EXPENSIVE BRING LOTS OF $$$




YOURS TRULY


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY HUGS

2 comments:

  1. Great post and teriffic pictures! It has been a while since I've been there and I must change that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im so grateful for you thank you so much for participating on my blog and youtube and everything else. I appreciate you! and you should make a trip the this museum its great

      Delete