Saturday, February 28, 2015

FASHIONPHILE MY FIRST PURCHASE/UNBOXING/LAYAWAY













THE HOW

I first learned about Fashionphile watching youtube videos.  When the new year came around,  I had my heart set on saving money to make a Louis Vuitton purchase.  But the bag i wanted, the Alma MM, is currently 1500 dollars! Um yeah guys.  I don't have that kind of money.  It will take me over a year to save up for it.  But when i want something i stalk it.   I look it up on the net, find photos of it on instagram and find any videos i can on youtube so i can look at it and admire it.  Lol ... SO!... there's nothing wrong with that! Don't judge me!

That's how i came upon youtuber,  Jerushacouturetv,  who went on and on about how much she loved Fashionphile.  I was skeptical at first because i know how it can be when youtubers who have a certain amount of followers start raving about certain companies.  Sometimes they either A. are getting paid  B.  getting things for free or C. both.  It happens!  But i decided to check it out for myself. 

It turns out Fashionphile has been around for a hot minute yall since 1999 AND they have been recognized on a good amount of social media.  That makes me feel a ton better investing my hard earned money with them. 





THE WHY

I finally took the plunge because Fashionphile acutally offers LAYAWAY.  YEAAASSS layaway like back in the days yall like back back in the days.  I remember in the 80's layways was big.  My mom put ton of ish on layaway.  There's no shame in it.  Don't let anyone make you feel bad.  Also don't let anyone shame you on buying preloved.  Trust me I had a "friend" do both.  True story some people are truly miserable and hate that anyone else has anything nice that they don't have.

"ewww pre loved? so that was used? I only buy new and if i cant afford it then i dont want it! I would NEVER!"  Excuse me but who asked you?



THE LAYAWAY

So like i said i put this on layaway.   Im so glad it was an option.  Also shopping preloved saves you ALOT of money especially with the ever increasing prices on luxury items. 

They give you 60 days to pay off the item you put on layaway.  That's a good amount of time.  The first payment they determine which is 25% of the total asking price.  After that you can pay however many times you want and however much you want (actually 50 is the minimum) BUT remember by the end of the 60 days it has to be paid off.  They make it convenient and tell you exactly when the end date is... 

What you cant do is this... for example my boyfriend offered to make a payment for me with his card but no, each payment made has to be made with a card that has the same name.  Does that make sense?  so i can pay with my visa, mastercard etc cause its all in my name.  But they wont allow my visa card and my boyfriends visa card with his name on it.   Hope that makes sense.  Why they do that? I suppose to avoid fraudulent activities. 

There's more to the layaway of course so if you going down this route read the terms carefully.  Check it out here ---> https://www.fashionphile.com/layaway

NOTE: I paid my bag off in 6 weeks.  Once paid it took about a week for it to reach me. 



THE BAG

Gosh im so excited to have this bag! its so cute.  It's a mini Ribera in Damier Ebene.  These came out back in 2005.  So is it considered vintage? I LOVE vintage pieces.  If they could talk... right??!!!!

I feel the description posted on Fashionphile was pretty accurate.  It was listed as Excellent with small nicks on the handle and light scratches on hardware.  I found the small nick to be more of a small gash.  I can definitely feel it but luckily its on the under side of one of the handles.  Also it does have a funky smell.  The smell wasn't mentioned BUT im not too torn about it.  The bag is about 11 years old id expect it to smell a little.  Overall it really is in excellent condition and it was at a pretty good price.  

Since the original LV dust bag wasn't available a Fashionphile dustbag was provided.  The dimensions for this bag are: Length: 9", Height: 6", Depth: 5", Drop: 4"  Its pretty small but i can fit what i need into it.  

I really hope this info was useful to anyone out there thinking of buying from Fashionphile or looking to buy a LV Ribera mini bag.  


 










No comments:

Post a Comment