Tuesday, July 10, 2012

SUMMER FAVORITES 2012





A FEW SUMMER FAVORITES... minus the cat, she would'nt budge!





SUNTAN LOTIONS:

Can't start the summer w/out proper suntan lotions.  Make sure your lotion has a full spectrum protection! Both UVA & UVB.  Generally I buy Banana Boat because it usually contains extra product at a cheaper cost.  However this year Hawaiin Tropics came out with SHEER TOUCH and it smells FANTASTIC I <3!  Bain De Soleil is an oldie but goody brand. Its an orange jelly gives you a lovely brown/orange tan.  I remember using this one when I was younger ...late 80's -90's.  How many of you remember the commercial lol



MAKEUP:
Mac Blot Powder
If you are like me and have an Oily T-Zone ESPECIALLY during the summer ( it gets even oiler ugh) this works wonders.  Doesnt make you look cakey either MAC'S BLOT POWDER

This year (thanks to youtube :D ) I have started using more makeup such as shadows, bronzers and highlighters.  So since I love wearing metallic colors during summer time it was only logical I wore it on my face ;p.  I'm loving metallics shadows.  This is a nice
 palatte LORAC'S WILD FOR TANtalizer



Another Gorgeous metallic shadow palette ESTEE LAUDER'S AMOUR 101. The shades are so creamy and pigmented... nice quality


  
Generally for the summer Cream blushes work best for me because they last longer on my combination oily skin. These 2 are just ones that I have been gravitating towards more often since the warmer weather began. 



   
The Middle blush next to my cats bottom is Tarte's Amazonian matte blush in EXPOSED.  Its a gorgeous nude and even though its a powder its the only 'powder' blushes that last on me in the hot weather.  I highly recommend these.  There are many shades to chose from...




NAIL POLISHES:
Cant forget about the nails!!! BEST place to wear metalics if you're not into eyeshadows.  These are just a few: Butter London's 'Wallis', Forever21's 'bronze'.  The others are much older polishes.  But any metallics will look fantastic on tanned skin ... TRUST ME




SUMMER SCENTS:



By far my FAVORITE scent for warmer summer weather is COCONUT! I just love it so much! I am loving candles by victoria cocnut scent. Its a family owned business (...SUPPORT OUR SMALL BUSINESSES!...) and my NEW FAVORITE perfume scent for the summer hands down is BEACH BY BOBBI BROWN.  Please go and smell it if you like light fresh coconut beachy scents. Any department store that sells Bobbi Brown will have it for 68 bucks HOWEVER i picked mine up at SEPHORA (available online only) for 55 bucks! OOOOHHH YEAHHHHH





Before my fabulous new BEACH perfume generally during the summer time i gravitate towards mists and sprays because they are lighter.  This is one of my summer favorite mists. It smells just like cotton candy! from Victoria Secrets.





MISCELLANEOUS: 




We all know summer= sandal blisters!  This Dr Scholls blister defense has saved my poor feet.  Its small enough to carry  in your purse for you know 'just in case' moments.  The evian face mist,  Ive used many years.  Its just a nice face mist to help you feel refreshed during the scorching heat!  However it really is a LUXURY because its pretty pricey.  I get mine from sephora 2 mini's for 14 bucks.  When honestly you can get a little plastic perfume bottle and fill it with water... LOL
EXFOLIATERS:
Sabon Loofah Soap



You cant have bikini ready fabulous hair free legs without proper exfoliation.  This stuff is fantastic! Its a lufah soap from SABON.  The one I buy is in the scent AMBER I <3 IT!.  Smells great and really helps to exfoliate and smooth your body parts.  Just be light handed because it can hurt a little if you are very sensitive.  When the soap wastes away you have a perfectly good lufah left behind as shown in the photo.

Lush Buffy Butter
Another favorite is Lush's Buffy Body Butter... mmmmmm.  Smells delicious has little granuals that help to exfoliate and contains cocoa and shea butter so you wont need to lotion after.  Its a 2 for 1






PETS:


My little kitty diva... I suppose I'll add her to my summer favorites after all



2 comments:

  1. Love that you've covered everything from skincare to makeup and nails! I especially like your selection of nail polishes - warm tones are my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Oddinary I appreciate your feedback! and from Instagram ive seen your posh polish collection so im super happy you like :D

      Delete