Thursday, January 2, 2014

One of my greastest loves and biggest regrets...







This post is a bit different...

its about love and regret...

As far back as i can remember, i had a secret love for art, instruments, music and dance. 

I wanted so much as a child to be a dancer.  Graceful, lean like a ballerina.  I listened and enjoyed very much to classical music and grew a great appreciation for string instruments like the violin and cello.

Being a first generation American, from immigrant Dominican parents, we grew up with spanish music and stuff like that so im not sure how i was exposed to it or when but never the less i liked it very much. (Im thinking maybe memories from a past life? haha)  

However growing up as i did there weren't many opportunities for a young Hispanic child from the south Bronx in the early 80's for things like that.  There werent dance classes or violin lessons. There was just going to school in groups to get past the crack heads without being bullied.  I was a chubby kid with head full of curls and yellow skin.  Ballerinas looked nothing like that... in those days at least ... that i knew of anyways.

So as i grew older it wasn't realistic to be any of those things.  Slowly it was forgotten and later became one of my many regrets.
 










please note all photos are my own







1 comment:

  1. As a child I too listened to classical music, because it helped me to sleep at night. Couldn't handle the hard stuff and still can't. It's so interesting, you wanted to dance while I wanted to act, but not many avenues back then for us kids to do that kind of stuff.

    But don't regret it. I don't regret not becoming an actor or a comedian because I was supposed to do other things. So are you. Like this great blog, your artistic side has manifested itself in other forms and for that you should step back and smile.

    ReplyDelete