Sunday, June 24, 2012

SUMMER READING

I LOVE TO READ!









I'm always looking for a good read so if you have books you loved reading please do share!



In an effort to do my part and help save the earth I decided about a year ago to invest in an electronic reader (well actually it was a Christmas gift I asked for it heehee.) I settled for the kindle because I wanted something light and portable.  I didn't need or want the capability to surf the internet or watch movies I just wanted a device I could read on. I have a million other electronic devices to do those other things... But... I will say I do miss the feel and smell of paper books however there's only so much space to keep so many books right?!

   
AND of course I needed a super cute feminine cover to put my new toy in so I searched the web and found this really neat company that made these awesome covers on etsy.  I have gotten many complements and folks asking where I purchased my e covers from, so I'm gonna share with you as well.  I am not affiliated with this company I just really love the quality and look of the covers.  





 SAVE A TREE & GO E!  



The books below are just some of the more recent books I have read and enjoyed.


SUMMER RECOMMENDATIONS:

The first book in a series written for young adults but its a good read for all ages in my opinion.  Basically a young man, Xander, and his family move into a highly unusual home after the boys father accepts a new position as a principal in a new town.  The boy and his brother soon find out the house is not all its cracked up to be.  There are odd sightings and strange noises and a mysterious third floor appears... throwing them into a whirlwind adventure into time!    Its an overall good read with plenty of suspense, adventure and yes a little history.

FATE FORTUNE AND DESTINY.  This book is based on two well off sisters growing up in Shanghai before WWII when they learn they have been sold to pay off their father's gambling debts.  From there you are taken on a journey from Shanghai to America and experience the sadness and horror of war, being held in immigration camps and trying to assimilate in a new country.

A 30 something year old Anna takes a job tutoring  TJ, a recent cancer survivor, at his families summer home in a far off tropical island.  However on there way there the charter plane never makes it to its destination.  Stranded on an island you experience how the relationship between Anna and TJ develop while they learn to survive on their own.  GREAT love story!
The title says it all... Abraham Lincoln was a vampire slayer... lol.  Click the link for a full review.  I cant describe this one lol but i totally enjoyed it. Amazon review on Abe Lincoln Vamp Hunter



NOTE: I WILL INCLUDE A BRIEF SYNOPSIS ON EACH BOOK SHORTLY SO YALL COME BACK NOW YA HEARD

No comments:

Post a Comment